Fourth Ward Chapel
Now destroyed, this building was once used and built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was built in the 1910's and featured breathtaking stained glass windows that have moved to a church building currently used in Lehi.
The Church of Jesus Christ builds temples as sacred places of worship. This temple in Logan was built in 1884. It has since undergone renovations, but is still used and running today.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Relief Society Home which was built in 1900. Presently located at 612 North 300 East Lehi, UT.
Lehi Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Tabernacle. Once located at 200 North Center Lehi, UT. Church members saved up to build the tabernacle in 1910, but the tabernacle has unfortunately been demolished. All that is left is the cornerstone. The cornerstone can be visited at the Lehi Historical Society and Archives.
Bishop Randall Home which was built in 1900. Located at State Street, 1400 East State Lehi, UT. The Home has unfortunately been demolished.
Built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1928. 5th Ward Chapel. Once located at 100 East 200 North Lehi, UT but it has unfortunately been demolished.
Relief Society Hall
Often referred to as the "Old Relief Society House," this was built in 1884. It was 32 by 20 feet and made of adobe. The women of the Relief Society fundraised by selling eggs and other baked goods, while the men of the area built the hall. It still stands on Lehi Main Street.
Scenery of Three Communities as they looked in 1995. The Mount Timpanogos Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint can be seen in the distance.
Another sacred temple of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint. The Manti Temple was built in 1884 and after some renovations, is still used today.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint 2nd Ward Building which was built in 1929. Once located at Center Street 5th North Lehi, UT but it has been demolished.
Bishop Evans Home
David Evans was the first bishop of Lehi, but the town was originally called "Evansville" after him. Bishop Evans changed the name to Dry Creek and then eventually to Lehi. The Desert Telegraph Company and the Lehi Post Office were both housed in this home for a time.
Wife of Bishop David Evans Home (1994) by Mary Ann Judd JohnsonHutchings Museum Institute
Wife of Bishop David Evans Home which was built in 1926. Still located at 685 North 200 West Lehi, UT.
One of the most famous and prominent sites in Utah County, the Lehi Tabernacle served as a meeting house for the members of the community for many years. Construction lasted over 10 years and was only in use for roughly 15 years before it was purchased by Alpine School District. The church eventually bought back the Tabernacle and it functioned as a cultural hub for the city. Many recitals, performances, religious meetings, civic and political meetings, commencement exercises, banquets, and Christmas programs were held in the Tabernacle. As time passed, it was determined that the Tabernacle would be torn down and a new meeting house would be built in its place.
Old 4th Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Wardhouse which was built in 1920. Once located at 880 North 700 East Lehi, UT. It was unfortunately demolished.
Bishop Stoker Home built in 1895. Still standing at 585 East 900 North Lehi, UT. Stoker was a bishop in Utah for 20 years and a treasurer for Lehi in 1910.
All paintings are copyrighted by the Hutchings Museum
Bangerter, Lara M. Lehi Tabernacle was city’s cultural hub. Lehi Free Press. Referenced at https://www.lehifreepress.com/2018/01/26/lehi-tabernacle-was-citys-cultural-hub/